quinta-feira, 4 de março de 2021

AJ Windmeyer

 AJ Windmeyer - USA 

and his unusual Four Decker Chord

This evil instrument was created using parts from another chord harmonica that was originally a three-decker (Built by AL Smith and AL Miller circa 1949). I plan on doing a video explaining this harmonica's in-depth history later. Here I am playing along with a recording of Casa Loma Stomp by Stagg McMann and Jerry Murad (multitracked). For those wanting to build one of these, don't. I am most likely going to take this one back apart, they are really bad on your shoulders and wrists. I can play this guy for about 45 minutes tops (sitting down) and my shoulders and wrists hurt for the next few hours.



The 4 decker chord. Yes, it is as crazy as it looks. And no, that is not two identical chords strapped together. 
Top deck - Maj9-7 and Maj7 chords; 2nd - Maj and 7th chords;3rd - Min Aug and Dim chords; 
4th - Min6 and Minor 6th with flatted 5ths (I think???)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário